Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Update

James is still growing. He is now weighing in at 6 pounds 5 ounces (2.89 Kg). His surgeon is going to take him down to the OR on Friday to do an investigative procedure. They are going to measure the exact gap in his esophagus and stretch it some as well to lessen whatever gap there is. If the gap is less than 2 cm (it was 3.2 cm two-and-a-half weeks ago), then they will schedule James for surgery late next week or early the week after depending on the surgeon's availability. If the gap is more than 2 cm, then they will continue to stretch it and measure it each week until it is less than 2 cm. On Friday, they are also going to put in a Mickey button in place of his G-Tube. This will mean one less wire attached to him at all times and it makes his feedings easier.

Please pray that all goes well on Friday. They will have to intibate James for the procedure, so please pray that he comes off the ventilator quickly and successfully. Also pray that the gap is small and the corrective surgery can be done soon. (I still pray that God will just fix him without surgery, but I know that his surgeon is great if he needs it) I also found out that recovery time after the corrective surgery will probably be a couple of weeks, so please pray for Dave and my continued patience and sanity :)

Off topic, please keep the current and former members of FBC of Galveston in your thoughts and prayers. They are going through a lot right now and could use all the prayers you could send their way!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment