Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Dave, James, and I had spent a nice weekend together around Pittsburgh.

Saturday we went to the Big Knob Grange Fair. It's a county fair just north of where we live. It was small as far as fairs go, but had enough stuff to give me my fair fix. There was a small commercial exhibit tent, a small building with 4-H exhibits, some rides, good food, animals, and a tractor pull. I enjoyed a Taco Boat and we shared an elephant ear...yum! It was the first time any of us had been to a tractor pull (it was free and provided great seating while we ate). James thought it was highly entertaining. One tractor even blew fire out of its exhaust! The weather was wonderful. It was 65 and for once I wasn't hot. This is the one picture I got that day before my camera died...oops.

Sunday we went to church and made a trip to Babies r Us to get a monitor for the baby. I had to go this weekend because I had a Labor Day weekend coupon and I got some money off towards the double stroller we're planning on getting in the next few weeks. It was another beautiful day with a high right around 70, so we decided to get some much needed yard work done. Mowed, hedge-trimmed, weed-whacked, and weed pulled until the yard was looking much better.

Monday was a little warmer, but the high was still only in the upper 70s. We decided to go to a Rib Fest that happens every year down at Heinz Field. Dave enjoyed some ribs while I had a great pulled-pork sandwich with Carolina BBQ sauce. We also had a fresh squeezed lemonade and a rootbeer float. All was yummy! There was also an old WW2 boat docked on the Ohio for the weekend. Dave wanted to check it out, but the line was really, really long so we just took pictures. This boat was used in the invasion on D-Day and was made in Evansville, IN.
Dave enjoying ribs :)
The ship from WW2...notice PPG in the background?

No comments:

Post a Comment