Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crazy Days

I honestly don't remember what I post from day to day. I hope I don't repeat myself too much!

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but James is in restraints so that he doesn't pull out any of his tubes. They usually work, but he is pretty good at sliding out of them when no one is looking. Yesterday around 4 in the afternoon, he made an escape. Unfortunately no one caught him until he had his vent tube half-way out of his mouth. He got it stuck partially out and it was blocking his airway completely. After about a dozen doctors came running in, they got the tube replaced. This little incident of his has probably set him back another day. Crazy little man!

Today James' pain meds are being reduced and he is being weened slowly from the vent again after his attempt at pulling it out himself. They won't try to extibate again until tomorrow at the earliest. He hasn't went number 2 since last Monday so the little guy is all bloated. They're going to give him some medicine to help out with that today. He had a low-grade fever last night so they sent off some cultures and put him on antibiotics just in case. It could just be a fever from teething, but they want to double check everything to make sure.

I think that's all for now. Have a good Tuesday...and Happy Birthday Aunt Julie!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that must be hard! I can't imagine Riley at that age being restrained! I hope he gets off soon! Be patient little James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Abrah here...I can't imagine Lucy being restrained either. She would have tried to break free just like James did. We'll have to nickname him Houdini. :)

    We'll keep saying prayers on this end. Keep us updated. We love you guys.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete