Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little Tidbits

If you didn't notice the update below (I added it on later): James doesn't have another appointment with his surgeon until March 16th. We will find out then if the surgeon thinks he is ready for surgery. Because surgery is at least a month away and James has his flu shot now, we are going to get back to church (but still avoid the nursery). I'm excited about that. We were just starting to get to know some really nice people when James came home in October.

We are looking forward to all the company that we are planning over the next several weeks. A couple of Dave's friends from Chicago are making the trip over first. Then my parents are coming while Dad's on Spring Break from IUK. My sister and her family are coming while the kids are on break. Finally Dave's parents plan on making it over here too. No one can go too long without a James fix!

James and I are keeping busy around the house. I made banana bread for the first time the other day and it actually turned out pretty good. I was going to make a turkey breast last night for dinner, but it was still frozen so maybe tonight. Whenever we have a sunny day lately (not too often in the winter), I put James in his sling, throw Daddy's coat over the both of us and go for a short walk. I think today might be another day for one.

Our camera is on the fritz. The screen is all fuzzy and I can't figure out how to fix it. If you have any suggestions, let me know. We are looking into new ones also. Don't want to wait too long and miss a big moment of James'. If I can't figure it out by this weekend, I'll probably head up to Best Buy and see what they have. Right now we have a Sony Cyber-Shot and we like it, so I might just get the newer model of that. There's a Nikon that's similar, though, for about $50 cheaper. Any opinions on brands?

Time to get the laundry finished before James' nurse and occupational therapist arrive. Fun times ahead.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us who can't get to you updated on your little guy. We continue to pray and know it will be even better soon. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away from Nikon P&S. Sony is quality. I think the Panasonic's are a good value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI last time we bought a camera we figured out which one we wanted and checked online to find sears had the same camera as everywhere else but it was over $100 less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,
    Just returned from my quilting cruise in Feb. I just bought the Sony Cybershot to upgrade my old Kodak digital for the trip. It seemed more compatible with my photographic needs--5x zoom and wide-angle shots especially. I love its size and power. The closeups turned out quite nicely--you might just capture those smiles with it. Wish I lived closer so you could try it out! Doggone! Love, A. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, you can bake the turkey breast partially frozen, it will just take a little longer. Enjoy, Cousin Mary Tarter (Sharon Iverson's cousin.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you...miss you julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo on the delay! However, I love seeing how fabulously he's growing and how much time you're able to spend with him. Exciting that you can now get out a bit more...maybe the snow will abate a bit?

    Thinking of you guys and sending our love. Call if you want some camera advice--you know how Scott loves his cameras!

    Also, I forgot to ask you which sling you have and if you like it. I've always thought that they would be useful, but the one I had with Lucy was ridiculously difficult to figure out for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's crummy on the camera!

    We have a Canon 870 for our point and shoot. It's pretty nice...compact and takes video too, which is handy.

    I think nowadays there isn't a ton of different between the point and shoots. Just look for one that has the features you want. And you can probably find one that shoots HD video, too. I don't know though.

    Here are a couple of sites that I used to check out reviews of cameras when I was looking:

    http://www.dpreview.com/
    http://www.cnet.com/
    http://www.testfreaks.com/digitalcameras/
    http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/

    Basically the reason I picked my Canon was that it had the widest angle lens of the point and shoots so when I'm close up to Lucy, I can still get a lot of the scene in the frame.

    Good luck and we'll keep reading for James updates.

    Lucy says to give him a sloppy kiss for her!

    ReplyDelete