Monday, February 15, 2010

6 Months and Counting

James was officially 6 months old on Thursday. On Friday he weighed in at 17 pounds 11 ounces. His official 6-month check-up is on Wednesday. Then we will talk to the surgeon and see if we can get a timeline set for James' surgery. Right now it could be anytime between now and August. James is doing great! He eats like a horse, but that's what Iversons do. We're going to start mixing rice cereal into his formula to get him more calories so he can keep growing. We have to talk to the surgeon about what else we're allowed to give him through his tube. He's not sitting up yet, but he loves to grab his toys and other things around him, like mommy's book that she's trying to read when he's in my lap. James smiles every day now, but I'm still not very good at capturing it on camera. No teeth yet, but I have a feeling they might be on the way. He's been exceptionally crabby for the last week.


Everything is good with Dave and I too. We tried to go out to eat for Valentine's day, but James wasn't having it, so we got take out. We all got a little something new for the occasion anyway. Dave got some shoes, I got a sweater, and James got a couple of shirts. Dave's work is going well and he still likes his job. I still like being home with James, but I will be very excited when cold/flu season is over so James and I can get out more. I want to sign James and I up for Mommy & me swim lessons, but he can't get in a pool until after his surgery so we're waiting, hopefully patiently. We still love visitors...don't let the 30 inches of snow on the ground deter you. It's great for sledding!!!

3 comments:

  1. I just love his chubby cheeks! Glad that you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 inches, holy cow! James is a cutie! I hope his surgery gets to happen soon so you can all move forward. Keep up the good work James!

    ReplyDelete