Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sam Houston Jones State Park

Yesterday was a nice day so we took the boys and went to a state park about 20 minutes north of where we live. The trails weren't stroller friendly so we just walked along the road that went around a pond/swamp area. James loved watching the people and cars; Andrew slept. Here are a few pics of the wildlife at the park.

A little lizard that scared me half to death. It was only about 4 inches long, but it was fast and it scurried away right in front of me.
There were lots of turtles hanging out on logs and such in the middle of the pond. They're weren't any up close to see.

This is the closest I got to a turtle...it was about 30 feet away.

I get shivers just looking at this one. Thankfully, it was the only snake I saw.
There were lots of ducks and a few geese-like birds. Then there was this one...not quite sure what he is, but he let us get up close to take a picture.

No alligator sightings, but there were lots of signs warning you to be careful because they could be in the area. :)

1 comment:

  1. those lizard things drive me crazy!!! yuck yuck yuck...they gross me out, and if i wouldve seen that snake, i surely wouldnt have gotten a picture of it!!! them boys are gonna love it down there!!! LOL seems like you had fun! and the "dada" is sooooo cute!! go james!!!

    ReplyDelete