Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just Some Info

James is doing well. He takes 8 - 10 ounces of formula by mouth each day plus around 8 ounces of solid food. He is slowly becoming independent of his tube. He needs to have his liquid volume up to 24 ounces per day before we can be rid of it forever.

James saw his hematologist today. For those that didn't know, James got a blood clot in his leg as a result of a central line that went bad in his leg from his surgery in April. He has been getting anti-coagulant shots twice a day since then (given by me). Today he has his leg ultra sounded and saw the doc. The doc says since he is symptom free we can discontinue the shots!

James still sees his therapists 4 times a week, but we are seeing progress all the time. He can now roll from back to stomach whenever he wants. He can't always go the other way, but he's getting there. He puts supported weight on his legs now and is so close to sitting up on his own. I'm sure he'll be mobile before I know it, but hopefully not before I baby-proof the house!

We are looking forward to seeing family over the next several weeks. Julie and Eric and their families are coming up for a long 4th holiday to visit. My parents are coming the week after that. Then we're heading to St Louis for Denise's bridal shower. Hopefully James will be independent of his tube by then so he can some too!

James' birthday is only 7 weeks away. It usually seems more like 3 years than 1, given all he's been through, but we're excited to celebrate. We're still not sure exactly what we're going to do. If he no longer has his tube, a road trip might be in order!

I am officially in my 24th week of pregnancy. I'm not so sure I'm ready for 2 crying babies, but I suppose it's too late now. Things are going smoothly so far with this pregnancy. I'm hot all the time and James' formula makes me nauseous, but the baby's healthy.

I suppose that's all you get for now...James is screaming for some undivided attention. I guess I'll let him have it while he can. :)

2 comments:

  1. Having 2 so close together is hard, but it will be worth it! I always kept a pretty tight schedule and made sure to get them used to napping every afternoon for at least 2 hours. That was my sanity. I know my 2 oldest are as different as night and day. They fight and argue but they are also best friends. I had 3 in 4 years and I didn't kill any of them or myself...so that's proof you will survive!
    ~Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about the news from the hematologist! Yippee!

    Have a great weekend with family. We can't wait to see you for the shower weekend. I am hoping he's off his tube so that we can see him!

    24th week? So exciting! You're doing fabulously!

    ReplyDelete