Monday, June 7, 2010

20 Week Ultrasound

I had my 20 week ultrasound on Friday. It was such a relief when the baby's stomach was the first thing to pop into view on the screen. This means that the new little guy (yes, they think it's a boy) will definitely not have what James does. I am going to be seriously outnumbered, considering Oliver's a boy too, but as long as they're all healthy, I'm happy. And I know they'll take good care of me! This little one isn't nearly as rolly as James was in the womb, but he loves to kick. Currently he is feet down, so every kick goes right to my bladder. I have to go back this Friday for a follow-up ultrasound because he wouldn't turn at all and they couldn't get a good look at his face or spine. Everything they saw looks good though and he is right on track. Right now he weighs about 13 ounces. :)

James is doing well too. He continues to eat more solids every day. He goes through a jar of baby food in about 4 meals. When he first started, I had to throw half of a jar away because he wasn't going through them fast enough. He's drinking better too. He's not great at the bottle, but we're working on it. He drinks better out of cups right now and it's a good way to get him more volume. Yesterday he drank 2 ounces (which gets him an extra hour off the tube feedings). We'll keep working on it and continue to pray hard that he'll be able to get his tube out before his surgeon leaves the hospital at the end of June.

I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that the new little one is looking good. I saw Julie on Sunday and she told me that they thought it was a boy. :) You are definitely out numbered! Keep up the postings (unlike myself) :)

    ReplyDelete