Thursday, May 6, 2010

Settled in at Home

It's so nice to be home again. I missed my own sheets and pillows...the smell of the hospital linens made my nausea worse. 16 weeks now, so maybe it will go away soon...

James is doing well. We haven't had any more problems since our trip to the ER Monday night. James is still a good night sleeper and not a good napper. He likes to get a good 12 hours at night, which we love. I'm still working on getting him back on a nap schedule now that we're home. I think he's finally ready to only have 2 naps, but it's hard to tell at this point. He seems to be loving the late afternoon nap, which is helpful for me so I can get dinner prep out of the way.

James' occupational therapist came 3 times this week and she's already noticed an improvement in his swallowing. We'll probably get his swallow study repeated the last week in May/first week in June. Hopefully he'll be ready to start taking liquids then.

James is finally off the high-calorie diet and down to where a "normal" baby should be. He's been on the regular-calorie diet for 1 week now and the grams are starting to come off. Since he's in the 80th percentile he has some weight he can stand to lose. :)

James has started smiling and laughing a lot more lately. It is so cute! He likes to shake his head in the no-no fashion when he's laying down now. He thinks it's hilarious when we do it back to him. He also likes to smack his lips together now too. I think it's his way of blowing kisses because we give him loud smooches all the time.

James has been introduced to green beans and sweet potatoes so far. He has liked them both. We tried a formula/rice cereal mixture, but he hated it... spit it all out at us. He only takes 5-10 bites at once right now, but he's getting better. ...I haven't been enjoying the baby food diapers, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

1 comment:

  1. 16 weeks! We must be due nearly at the same time. I'm officially 17 weeks today!

    Glad James is home and you all are able to get back into a routine!

    ReplyDelete