Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5 Months

James is officially 5 months old as of yesterday. He was up to 14 pounds 12 ounces at his last weigh-in 5 days ago. He is 24 inches long. This in the 24th percentile, which is great for a baby born at 4 pounds and in the negative percentiles. The doctors are very pleased with him. His development is slightly behind for a 5 month old, but ahead of the game for a 3 1/2 month old, which is his adjusted age (since he was 6 1/2 weeks early). James is getting good at holding his head up, but he still likes to throw it back occasionally. He likes to roll from his back to his sides and back. He is still not a fan of tummy time; the button seems to make it uncomfortable for him. He's a trooper though and pushes through tummy time each day. James can smile, but he's a tough audience. Dave and I have each seen him smile about 3 times. He's never smiled for the same thing twice though and he definitely won't allow it to be captured on camera. All 'n all, James is doing great. James is still getting over the cold from last week, but he is doing much better (as are the rest of us). A couple of pictures below of James enjoying his new Bumbo seat and kick n' play piano.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! Julee Chambers here. Remember us back in Indiana? I seen your Mom today at Curves and she told me about James. Tim and I were just wondering where in the world you are now. So sorry to hear of your little fellows challenges. But it sounds like he is getting excellent care. I will be praying for you all on surgery day. I marked it on my calendar. Hope you don't mind if I keep up through your blog. There are some of you girls that we just think so much about because you were such unforgettable kids! Brent and his wife, Allison are expecting their first child in April. That means I get to be a GRANDMA at last! It is a girl, so I am doubly excited. I have too many guys around this farm! James is a cutie and I am sure you are enjoying all his milestones. Keep you chin up and don't forget that prayer can make miracles happen! Love ya kiddo.....Julee*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear All,

    Our prayers are with you tomorrow for James' surgery! What a difference that will make in your lives. May you have the miracle we've all wished for your son.

    Love, A. Jane

    ReplyDelete