Monday, December 14, 2009

Fun-Filled Weekend

We had a great weekend with our visitor Kevin. I had to include the picture so that everyone would believe that he was here AND that he held James. Opa, if Kevin can do it, you can do it!

Friday night I made stuffed shells and french bread. I wanted something that I could make earlier in the day so that I wouldn't have to spend time in the kitchen once Kevin was here. Turns out that it's one of his favorite dishes...I guess I am just that good.

Saturday morning we put Kevin to work taking photos of James. We put James in real pants for the first time. He was so cute! James tired out pretty quickly so we didn't get too many good shots with his eyes open wide, but there were still lots of cute pictures. Thanks Kevin!

For dinner Saturday Dave and Kevin decided they wanted a seafood feast, so Kevin and I hit up the local market to see what we could find. We ended up falling into a seafood sale and we still came home with $60 worth of seafood including crab legs, lobster meat, scallops, and shrimp (and all the fixings). We made bacon-wrapped scallops, crab legs, lobster nachos, and shrimp in butter and Ol' Bay. It was all fantastic, although I was not brave enough to try the lobster nachos. Dave and Kevin said they were delicious though and that we should open our own restaurant.

Sunday Kevin made it home safely despite the rain and ice. Then David spent the evening putting together my new sideboard for the dining room. I spent a good part of Saturday going to different furniture stores trying to find the right piece. Styles have changed since we bought our table 3+ years ago and it's hard to find one that coordinates and isn't $1000. I ended up going with one from Ikea for $250. The color goes amazingly well with our table and it looks good in the room. Yay!

James' Occupational Therapist will be here soon, so I better be going. Enjoy the photo montage!

Kevin & James

The Seafood Feast

Dave claims James was smiling before this shot. I'll believe it when I see it!

This is my favorite family shot because the whole family is in it!

Silly Daddy!

Playing with his monkey rattle.

A close-up.
Looking at Daddy Our best present ever!
I have a feeling these two will be inseparable.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new pictures! And frankly, you have me starving now...I am thinking about a seafood feast and stuffed shells. Mmmmmmmmmmm...sounds so tasty!

    You'll have to take pictures of the new sideboard. It's always exciting to get new furniture. I am so jealous that you have an Ikea nearby!

    ReplyDelete