Saturday, October 24, 2009

Home at Last

Dave, James and I made it threw our first two nights at home. He is such a noisy baby; even when he is sleeping he makes noises (grunts and moans mostly). Right now James is sleeping in a bassinet in our room, but if we can't get used to his noisiness he is going to get demoted to his crib in his room real fast. He sleeps pretty good until it's time for his 4 am feeding (we're sticking to the 4, 8, 12 schedule from the hospital as much as he will allow it). Then he doesn't want to go back to sleep without being held endlessly (or so it seems). He pretty much sleeps right through his midnight feeding... a perk of not having to actually swallow your food I suppose.

Anyway, we are loving having him here at home despite the lack of sleep! We can't wait until he's big and strong enough to visit cousins in Indiana and Missouri! In the mean time, all the healthy are welcome in Pittsburgh!

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how glad I am that you guys are home! Yippee! I'm sure it feels so good to have him there, in his own bed, and you guys are able to be in yours with him just inches away! I'm sure you're exhausted, but I know you're super grateful that he's there with you. Congrats! We are thinking of you and sending our love--Lucy sends her kisses!

    ReplyDelete