Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our New Place

Since we're not sure how long we're going to be in Louisiana, Dave and I decided to rent while we're here. I'm so glad we did. After getting to know the people here, I've learned that owning a home here comes with a totally new set of challenges. Termites are a regular problem around here and everyone has there home checked at least twice a year. There's also hurricane season and the stockpile of plywood and other accessories you need to have to protect your house in case of bad weather. Those two things alone were enough to make me relieved that I don't have to worry about that! The termite protection billboards I see every couple blocks remind me every day that I'm thankful for our apartment. The apartment also has great amenities. I know we're going to love having a pool for the hot summers. There's also a nice fitness center that Dave has already put to good use. The clubhouse has Wi-Fi, an "Internet Cafe", and a media room. The internet cafe has a coffee machine and there are often free cookies and popcorn there. The media room is a room with seating for about 10 people and a large screen TV and blue-ray player. We took James down there the other night to watch "Busytown Mysteries" on the big screen while we checked our email. The complex is also in a great location. And here are a few pictures...the inside is nice but a mess so enjoy what you get!
This is the view from our 3rd floor balcony...the stairs I take every day are getting me into shape!

A closer shot of our pool. It's supposed to open this weekend after the put in the pool furniture! An outdoor kitchen area with a nice grill and fireplace.
The boys playing in their new living room :)

1 comment:

  1. They are both so adorable, and they are really getting their own features. I love it! I am loving how warm and cozy your weather looks from the pictures. Using that outdoor kitchen and grill sound awesome now--make good use of it! I'm also thrilled that you guys are in an apartment considering all of the problems with home ownership in LA. I never would have guessed it!

    ReplyDelete