Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Worrying from Home

James was released yesterday. They more or less kicked us out. I know that James isn't all better yet, but all of his tests have been normal and his vitals have been good. For these reasons, the doctors didn't see any reason to keep him. We got home at about 5 last night and James has been grumpy and irritable ever since. I think he got a little spoiled over the last couple of weeks in the hospital having his every whim given to him. Plus, he's still a bit under the weather.

James is on several medicines now. He's still on the Prevacid to help control his reflux. He's now also on another medicine that speeds up his digestive system that should help reduce reflux as well. James is taking oral steriods for another week to help reduce the inflammation in his airways. He also has 3 different nebulizer meds that he can take to help with his breathing.

It's nice to be home, but with it comes a whole new set of worries. As I mentioned before, he's grumpy and I have to worry about why. We tried tylenol, so I think he's just irritable. I worry every second that his breathing will worsen and we'll have to take him back to the hospital again. I'm scared something will happen to him on my watch and that petrifies me. Being down a similar road before, I know that these worries will lessen with each passing day, but that doesn't make me less worried now. I'm trying hard to let God shoulder these worries for me, but it's not easy.

1 comment: