Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Dave, James, and my parents helped me have a happy birthday weekend. I was just a little sad because it was the first time in my life that I haven't celebrated with my brother (who shares the same birthday) and I had to miss Olivia's 7th birthday party. Keeping James healthy is worth it though! Dave bought me some shelves for the living room and my dad helped me put them up...it only took all Friday! I was excited because I finally got to unpack some more boxes from the move. Saturday, my parents watched James and Dave and I went out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant. I had my first margarita of 2009 (and my first drink since January)...it was fabulous!!! The weather was gorgeous on Saturday (70 degrees) so we all went for a walk. The fresh air wore James out and he slept a lot.

James is doing well. On Friday, he weighed in at 10 pounds 12 ounces. We saw the surgeon last week and he is happy with James' progress. The plan is to see the surgeon again in December and then schedule corrective surgery for January. We are working on trying to get James to sleep in longer spurts at night time. Right now the longest he goes is 5 hours (from 8 to 1) and then he wakes up every 3 or less after that. I have the Baby Wise book requested from the library for suggestions, but I have to wait my turn. Almost lunch time for James...the chunk is up to 5 ounces every 4 hours!

1 comment:

  1. If you can get a copy of "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Weissbluth, that is a great book, too. Let me know what you think of Babywise!

    So excited that he is gaining weight so well and sleeping so well!

    ReplyDelete